Tuesday, August 18, 2009

First Day of School

Yesterday I had the privilege of visiting West-Oak Middle School, Westminster Elementary School, Orchard Park Elementary, West-Oak High School, Fair-Oak Elementary, and Oakway Intermediate. I am continually amazed at the cleanliness of our facilities. I could practically see my reflection on the floors at WOMS. If you feel moved, please take a minute to thank your custodians for the wonderful job they are doing. I believe Oconee County has the finest facilities in the state.
If you are an SDOC teacher and I did not get a chance to see you yesterday, please know I will do my best to spend more time in classrooms this year. During my observations last year, I witnessed creativity and innovation and was able to share some great ideas on my blog. I intend to do the same this year as well. I will also continue to do IEP meeting walk-throughs as my GBE. If I plan to attend one of your meetings, I will email or call early that morning to let you know. Please know this is not an "I gotcha" measure. It is a way for me to leave positive written feedback, to offer suggestions to make your life easier, and to get to know all of you and your needs. I wish each and every one of you the best year yet in education. You are respected, valued, and appreciated more than you know. I look forward to working with all our SDOC special education teachers and support staff as we strive to meet our vision...helping each student succeed with appropriate support.
Take care,
Marge

No comments: